When designing a 3D modeling product, there are many widely used design software, each one has good and interesting features. In general, most of them share the same drawing technique. An object is constructed based on points, lines, planes, and finally using 3D rendering to create objects. After having a 3D model, the next job is to fine-tune the product to the most demanding.
Point Line Object Plane Volume
Any 3D object is a combination of built-in 3D drawing programs. Although the names of each function in each software may vary slightly, they have the following basic functions:
Basic plotting technique combined with Extruded: with a 2D plane drawn after translating to create a 3D block.
- The technique of creating an object by rotating the base surface with a fixed axis (Revolved): creating the base with any closed glass, then drawing the center of rotation for the object.
- The basic flat-panel rendering technique combined with swept swath: with a 2D plane drawn after a curved translation creates a 3D block.
- Lofting based on multiple lofted planes: Create two or more parallel planes on each side to create their own boundaries, creating construction planes from the upper planes.
- If the techniques Extruded / Revolved / Swept .. create volume for the object, the function Extruded Cut / Revolved Cut / Swept Cut helps us to empty the volume is manipulated:
- To create aesthetics for the product as well as for the safety of the user, most objects are smoothed at the edges. There are two methods of chamfering: chamfering at angular or rounded angles.
- Create an Object by Mirroring the Mirror quickly :
- Thus, a 3D model is easily crafted by 3D projection. Therefore, the construction of 2D planes is the basis for projections. In other words, in order to build a 3D object, we have to draw the basic lines from 2D first.
The basic lines in the 2D draw include drawing functions such as points, lines, circles, rectangles, splines, hexagons, and so on. In design: in form, string …
- After the main outline of the object is drawn, we use software metrics to fine-tune the length of the object.
In order to make the design faster, there are also built-in TRIM functions, which are quite easy to implement with the idea: